Scholarship Details + How To Apply
The scholarship deadline for 2021 was Friday, April 16.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS + SELECTION PROCESS
- Kentucky Select Properties is an equal opportunity employer. We hope the scholarship elicits a culturally representative pool of applicants including candidates from Black, Brown and other marginalized populations that have been disproportionately impacted by discriminatory housing policies like Redlining.
- Applicants must complete and submit the web-based application by April 16, 2021.
- Three finalists will be selected from the submitted and completed applications.
- Following either an in-person or virtual interview with each finalist, The Selection Committee will choose one Scholarship Recipient.
THE SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENT WILL RECEIVE:
- Paid tuition and required class books and/or materials to attend real estate school either online or in-person depending on the candidate’s preference (Scholarship Winner must have access to transportation if choosing to attend school in person or access to an Internet-connected computer if choosing the online option).
- Paid state real estate licensing exam fee.
- Two years paid membership in the Greater Louisville Association of Realtors® (GLAR).
- Two years paid membership in the National Association of Real Estate Brokers (NAREB).
- Two years paid Errors and Omission Insurance fee.
- 48 hours of paid Post Licensing Education (PLE) through an accredited continuing education provider.
- New agent training and mentorship from leadership and colleagues at Kentucky Select.
IMPORTANT COMPONENTS OF THE FOREMAN SCHOLARSHIP
- The Scholarship does not consist of any salary, benefits, or other compensation beyond the elements above referenced.
- The Scholarship Recipient is not an employee of Kentucky Select Properties and the Scholarship is not intended to establish an employer-employee relationship between the Scholarship Recipient and Kentucky Select Properties.
- After securing his/her real estate license, the Scholarship Recipient must agree to associate with Kentucky Select Properties by signing a Kentucky Select Properties Broker-Sales Associate Contract, and the Scholarship Recipient must maintain his/her license with Kentucky Select Properties for two years (or through the completion of his/her PLE requirements). Thereafter, the Scholarship Recipient shall be free to exit the brokerage, if desired.
- The Scholarship Recipient/Associate agrees to adhere to the Independent Contractor policies and procedures outlined in the Kentucky Select Properties Policies and Procedures manual.
- If Scholarship Recipient fails to enter the Independent Contractor Agreement with Kentucky Select or if the Scholarship Recipient fails to continue his or her agency with the brokerage for the required two-year period, then the Scholarship Recipient agrees, by accepting the scholarship benefits, to repay the value of all benefits provided by the scholarship.